Congratulations to DEB P. of DURANGO, CO. She and a guest will be joining The Sitch and a host of other ‘grass fans and bands aboard the Mountain Song at Sea cruise this February!
We had SOOO many entries, and some really great suggestions on what else we needed to add to our packing list. Below were some of our personal favorites. One thing is for sure: y’all have some very curious packing priorities….
• ‘I’d have to be sure to bring my cigar box 3 string for sure.’ -Jeremy H.
• ‘I HAVE to pack my Chris Thile bobblehead.’ -Anna K.
[um, Anna, where did you get one of those??]
• ‘I can only imagine a free trip like this with a really good bourbon to share. Pappy Van Winkle it is.’ -Saul K.
• ‘I’d bring guitar tabs for the Lonely Island’s ‘I’m On A Boat’ because you KNOW that wouldn’t get old!’ -Kim M.
• ‘I’d add Emergen-C to that packing list. A tried and true defense against scurvy and more importantly hangovers!’ -Richele C.
• ‘A piece of plywood so I could have a dance floor at all times’ -Anonymous
• ‘I think one essential for me would be my Yeti costume!’ -Elliot S.
[yes. absolutely necessary on a cruise.]
• ‘Tie Dye Bloomers.’ -Courtney B.
Also joining us on the cruise is SHANNON WHITWORTH, a great N.C.-based banjo and guitar player in her own right, whose album High Tide drops on March 5 (you can get a preview of Whitworth’s folk pop sound via SPIN).
Shannon also had a few ideas on what to bring…
• ‘Camera – you will be up close and personal with some of your favorite artists and friends. Not to mention, the beautiful Caribbean.
• ‘Basic Strategy of Black Jack handbook – this is to ensure a successful trip to the casino. One of my favorite places to be after hours.’
• ‘Sunscreen– everyone is pale in the winter and it’s a good idea to protect yourself. You don’t want to get burned on the first day.’
Even if you weren’t lucky enough to be selected in our drawing, that doesn’t mean you can’t join us on board! Cabins are still available, but space is going fast…. find out more at MountainSongAtSea.com. See you in Miami!
Leave a comment