We're not just into music here at the BGS. We want to paint an entire picture for you, knitting together the lifestyles, talents, and culture of this Americana quilt we love so dearly. That's why we've taken the time to scour the web and collect the best food, style, travel, and lifestyle pieces that are affecting hearts and minds in a positive way. Here are some of our favorite stories of the week below. Do you have any recommendations? Let us know in the comments!
Photo c/o Oxford American
• The Bitter Southerner looks at New Orleans ten years after Katrina.
• Oxford American looks at Hurricane Katrina through the lens of hip hop.
Photo c/o NPR
• Are fish oil pills good for your brain?
• Saveur has a pretty delicious looking recipe for tomato cake.
Photo c/o National Geographic
• National Geographic rounds up some of the best fair photos.
• How to save your dream town from transplants.