We're not just into music here at the BGS. We want to paint an entire picture for you, knitting together the lifestyles, talents, and culture of this Americana quilt we love so dearly. That's why we've taken the time to scour the web and collect the best food, style, travel, and lifestyle pieces that are affecting hearts and minds in a positive way. Here are some of our favorite stories of the week below. Do you have any recommendations? Let us know in the comments!
Photo c/o T Magazine
• An unlikely state is getting ahead in the hemp race: Kentucky.
• Why can't we stop talking about 1970s New York?
• The Paris Review asks: "How are we to regard the artist who writes or the writer who makes art?"
Photo c/o NPR
• Learn about black rice, or the "forbidden" rice.
Illustration c/o New York Times
• If you'd like to read 27 very, very strange ways to be a "Modern Man," the New York Times has got the hook up. (Also, if you'd like to help us determine whether or not this is satire, your comments are welcomed and encouraged.)
Photo c/o Oxford American
• There's a fossil in Alabama that is largely unknown to the rest of the world.