There's never a dull moment in the career of Ryan Adams, but he may have just topped himself with his latest move: covering Taylor Swift's chart-topping 2014 release 1989 start to finish… in the style of the Smiths. He's already shared a clip or two, and it sounds pretty epic.
Read more at Rolling Stone.
Other Roots Music News:
• Go behind the scenes of the making of Indigo Girls' "One Lost Day."
• Ashley Monroe covered John Mellencamp's "Pink Houses."
• Bruce Springsteen earned the distinct honor of serving as Jon Stewart's last Moment of Zen. [Consequence of Sound]
• Laura Marling performed "I Feel Your Love" on The Late Late Show with James Corden.
• IBMA announced their film festival selections. [Bluegrass Today]
Ryan Adams photo by Alice Baxley, courtesy of Nasty Little Man.